Tuesday, March 28, 2006

some recent things

I went to Bin 22 in Carytown and really liked it. It's Betsy's Coffee by day, but a cute wine bar by night. I tried three different wines (a sampler, not three full glasses!) and liked them all, but I'm not a wine person so I can't remember what they were to tell you. And with it I had some toast with warm cheese and apple and pear slices. You should check it out if you like wine, or cute places. Because it's good for both.

I saw the most awesome Jewish man ever. He had a cowboy hat with a Star of David on it and a novelty tie with more Judaic symbols. And he was old. This was in an actual temple.

My Grandpa didn't die of a heart attack yesterday. Turns out he didn't even have a heart attack. But when we thought he did, and when he woke up for the first time and had blue fingers, he made sure to list the songs he does not want sung at his funeral. "Don't sing 'Shall We Gather at the River' [in a sing-song heavily drugged might not live but in good humor voice]," he said.

No comments: