Thursday, June 15, 2006

"I'll take the stairs, thanks."

Today for lunch the Development Staff went to Red Robin. All six of us piled into one woman's mini van and headed across town. It was like a field trip, and I love field trips. As we got back to the office we all got into the elevator to come up two flights from the parking garage. Just as the doors closed my boss said "this thing is probably going to stall because the last time I was in here the guy told me no more than five people at a time." Sure enough, just as the words escaped her mouth, we stopped moving. We were stuck in that elevator for twenty minutes. It got pretty hot and stuffy, but nobody panicked. Our co-workers stood outside the elevator to both keep us company and to laugh at us. When we were finally released we were greeted by cameras flashing, and a video clip is currently circulating around the office of our hilarious escape.

No comments: