Sunday, July 09, 2006

Back from the Pacific Northwest

Justin and I got back today from our trip to Tacoma and Seattle. If we're lucky some pictures will follow, but for now here are some highlights of the trip:

Katie and Andrew got married! They were very cute. The wedding was laid back and beautiful, and instead of cutting cake they ate banana pudding!

Before the wedding we girls spent a few hours at the women's naked spa. I was pretty skeptical at first, but it was great.

I got to hang out with my friends Amy, Katie, and Melissa. I miss them.

At the Tacoma Art Museum Justin made me a stylish bracelet that I wore the rest of the week, and I painted him a cloud rock.

At Point Defiance I actually found (sort of) the "magic trail" and we hiked down to the water, where Justin taught me to skip rocks.

We visited two wineries up in the Olympic Peninsula and ate seafood right by the water with a view of what we think was Canada.

We also visited a tiny brewery in Port Townsend where lots of local old guys who probably work on boats hang out with their half gallon jugs of beer.

On the ferry ride to Seattle as we enjoyed the amazing night time view we also witnessed a guy propose to a girl, and she said yes.

In Fremont (a neighborhood in Seattle) we toured a new small organic and fair-trade chocolate factory that included lots of delicious samples.

We saw a Mariners game.

After the game we went to the Tractor Tavern for a show by Tom Brosseau, which I really liked.

Except for two cloudy days, the weather was amazing with blue skies and no rain.

It was a pretty good time I would say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

naked spa...

andi said...

You're only naked when you're getting in the different pools. The rest of the time you wear a robe and a funny shower cap.