Saturday, April 17, 2010

13.1

This morning Josh and I ran the Charlottesville Half Marathon! Looking back I think "ahhh, that was awesome!" but there were definitely points when running that I thought "I'm never going to run a full marathon" or "oh dear goodness, I might have to stop and walk." But I didn't stop to walk. And I did way better than I thought I would! My goal was to finish under 2 hours and 10 minutes (basically my usual 10 minute mile), but I finished at 1 hour 57 minutes!!! That is very exciting. Overall I placed 399 (out of 1077).

There were points when I looked around and enjoyed the scenery, struggled with a cramp, had to pee, passed several people at a time, and was passed by several people at a time. There were some serious hills, but Charlottesville is full of hills and I've been training here, so it turned out okay. Josh took off and left me just before the halfway point, but I caught up with him at the end (until he sprinted through the finish line), and he finished 390th.

My legs are sore and I spent the rest of the day lounging about and napping, but I enjoyed it and will probably try to run more half marathons and shorter races in the future.


6:30am and ready to go!


Lookin' good at mile 1. (Notice a similar picture wasn't taken at, say, mile 9.)


Josh running, I think between miles 1 and 2.


See little me waving? About to hit the turnaround point halfway through.


Josh's Grandma came to see us finish! Look how cute they are!


We did it!

2 comments:

ALF said...

Way to go!

Mom said...

That a girl!