Monday, July 19, 2010

playin' tourist

My parents were in Richmond this weekend to visit my grandparents. That meant Dad and I had time to do some touristy stuff, too.

Sunday afternoon we went for a canal ride in downtown Richmond.




Then we drove to Charlottesville and went up to Carter's Mountain so Dad could see the view, and we had peach cider.



After that we headed downtown and walked around the old Albemarle Courthouse (I guess it's still a courthouse?, but part of the building is old).



Next to the courthouse is a statue of a guy on a horse, and Dad was pretty pleased to discover it was Stonewall Jackson.



We wandered all over the downtown mall, and then went to dinner by UVA. That's where I spotted a pistachio shell!



We finished the night by swimming in the pool at my apartment. Monday he did more touristy stuff (Montpelier, winery, etc.) while I worked. Now my parents are back home, but I will see them again next week when I head to Santa Fe...

No comments: