Tuesday, April 01, 2014

DC meetup

 A couple weekends ago my friend Celia and her boyfriend were in DC for a wedding, so I went up to visit with them. I hadn't seen her in almost a year and a half, but of course it was just like old times.

I got into the city around 5:45, which left us time to visit the Natural History Museum. We were surprised by how much we enjoyed the gems and minerals.

Afterwards we walked along the national mall all the way to the Lincoln Memorial.

See the Capitol behind us?
Sure my hand got in the way, but we're all in the picture and smiling and you can actually see Lincoln!
  After all that walking we were starved, so we took a cab to Dupont Circle and ate dinner at a Greek place. Then we hit the sack.

Saturday morning I got up a little earlier to go out for a run. I did seven miles around the mall and monuments and Capitol.

I look sleepy. But happy because I'm running! Around monuments!
This is George Mason.
He asked if we could take a selfie, and I couldn't say no.
It was gray, and a little chilly, but I was running! Around monuments!
 After my run I got cleaned up and we headed out for brunch. Then we visited the Newseum. None of us had ever been before, and we liked it.

Playing newscasters in the Anchorman exhibit.
Tut-tut, it looks like rain.
Same Capitol, different day.
We didn't quite get to finish the Newseum (there's so much to see!) before we needed to move along. We ate a really late lunch at this hip ramen noodle place. Then it was time for them to get ready to go to their wedding festivities and for me to hit the road. I was only there twenty-four hours, but really glad I got to see Celia and hang out with her in DC.

No comments: