Sunday, November 23, 2014

upstairs

Last night I had a little housewarming party. It was a nice mix of coworkers and friends. There were lots of good things to eat and people sat in all my new living room furniture. Since I had the house all ready for visitors to poke around, I took a few pictures of the upstairs and I'll now finally share them with you.

This weekend I got a new lamp for my room and hung up some pictures, so it's finally put together. (I'm still looking for a headboard though.)

My new bed, mirror, and bedside table (which is part of a matching set of side tables but the other one is in the living room).
My old dresser that I painted, along with a new Ikea mirror.
The mid-century modern piece that started my love for mcm furniture. The pictures were taken out of a calendar and hung in Ikea frames made for record albums.
The other two rooms upstairs are much smaller than my master bedroom. The guest room has my old bed, along with little tables I already had.

Visit me and you could sleep here!
The third room is my office. So far I've only used it to pay bills and be on the computer. It has potential for being a cozy place to write my dissertation, but unfortunately I don't usually write at my desk.

The desk my grandpa fixed up for me back when I moved to Raleigh, and two bookshelves I already had. In the other corner (not pictured) is a lateral filing cabinet my aunt passed down to me. I haven't actually organized or filed anything yet though...
So there you have it, the three rooms upstairs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your party. Your house is looking good! We've been living in our house for, oh, five years or so, and it's still only half furnished.