Friday, September 04, 2015

back in the saddle

I'm finally biking again you guys! Since last October's century ride I think I got on my trainer once (when snowed in), and didn't really touch the bike again until late summer. But I'm training for a tentative October triathlon, so I've been riding twice a week. Most of the riding has been on the trainer (and watching TV), but the last two weekends I actually went outside.


The first weekend I was in Richmond, so I rode a familiar route from my Grandpa's house. I did 28 miles, including several hills. It wasn't easy, but it felt good to be out on the road again.


The next weekend JoAnne and I went for a 28-mile ride in Greene and Albemarle counties. I tried to pick a route that wouldn't be too hilly, but I failed. We survived though, and the area was really pretty. Once again, it was good to be riding again.


No comments: