Sunday, December 06, 2015

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year I spent Thanksgiving with family in Richmond. I arrived Wednesday evening, in time for music time. We've been having lots of music time over there lately.
If you can think of a hymn, we probably have it in one of these...
Thursday (Thanksgiving!) I went for a five mile run, then made rolls. There were seven of us for dinner. It was nice. After the meal my aunt let us "kids" take Cooper for a walk instead of doing dishes, which was super nice of her. Cooper was happy, too.


Walkin'

Hanging out with Grandpa before the big meal.
Friday I slept until 12:30. Yikes. I got up for a couple hours, and then took a nap. I guess I was tired.

Saturday I got up early and headed out for a long run. I parked downtown and did an out-and-back on the Cap-to-Cap trail. My fifteen miles went fine! (Despite the cough I'd been having for a few days.)
Richmond in the distance.

Family-friends came over for a good lunch, and more music time. After my nap I thought I was going to head back to C'ville, but I stayed another night. Most of my nights were spent watching TV or movies.

Sunday I slept in again. Then we had lunch at home, followed by a quick game of Rook. I finally left that afternoon.

It was a pretty laid-back weekend, which was perfect.

No comments: