Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snowpocalypse

I haven't actually walked or driven anywhere yet, but it appears I survived Jonas. That was a lot of snow. (And still is.)

I spent all of Friday and Saturday sending my mom and brother pictures of the snow's progress, more for my own amusement than anything else. In between these texts I got some preliminary dissertation work done, and spent the evenings watching movies. I also made some great chili on Friday, and some okay tomato soup tonight.





I shoveled about six inches of snow on Friday evening, but you'd never know it after Saturday's snow. I didn't bother shoveling during the blizzard Saturday, except to clear off the stoop outside my front door, since snow was piling up against the glass storm door and I didn't want to get trapped inside.



This morning the sun was out and I got to shoveling, along with all my neighbors. I shoveled and shoveled and shoveled, especially since I decided I'd better clear off my deck, which never gets any sun. There's going to be a huge annoying snow pile in my extra parking spot for a long time. After all that shoveling I ate a bowl of leftover chili and proceeded to take a three hour nap. I'm still sore and tired.

I'm grateful I never lost power, since the weekend wouldn't have been nearly as pleasant had that happened. But it turned out to be a nice and cozy time hanging out at home watching the weather.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! You really did a lot of work!

So glad you came through in good shape.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

And you thought that you left snow-shoveling behind when you left Santa Fe... Ha Ha Ha!!!

Merry Snow-Mas

Cynthia