Wednesday, May 31, 2017

another Nascar race

I'm so behind on sharing fun things here, sheesh. A few weeks ago my parents visited Richmond, and while they were there I went with dad to a Nascar race. I'm not into Nascar personally, but sometimes I go with him and usually have a fun time.

We got to the track in time to walk around the various booths and tents, where we happened upon a mascot-type character of his favorite driver, Matt Kenseth. Then we ate some stadium food and grabbed a beer before heading to our seats.



two happy guys
foot-long lunch

The race lasted several hours, and for the first 160-or-so laps Kenseth was in the lead, so that was exciting. This was also my first race where I got to listen to dad's scanner radio, which helped pass the time. The weather was pretty hot (in the 80s) but luckily there was a breeze most of the time. Whenever the breeze stopped I started to melt into my stadium seat.


 
The end of the race got exciting as a few guys fought for the top slot, but I don't know who ended up winning. When it was all over we headed back to the house and picked up mom for dinner.

No comments: