Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Christmas in Richmond

I spent Christmas (a month ago...) with family in Richmond. My parents flew out from Santa Fe, and we enjoyed hanging out for a week.

I arrived Sunday evening, in time for a nice Christmas Eve service at my aunt's church. Then we ate our traditional New Mexican Christmas Eve meal of posole and tamales. (And chips and guacamole, of course.) The next morning we opened presents in our pajamas. Then it was on to getting the big meal ready. We had osso bucco, and I made rolls. After Christmas dinner their was music time around the piano singing carols.

The tree! And a fire!

Grandpa sharing a reading before we opened presents.
We were told we couldn't wear jeans for Christmas. So we both wore Sunni's denim skirts...

Other highlights that week included playing Scrabble with Dad at Isley Brewing Company, watching a movie with my parents (and trying to get Dad to actually stay awake), enjoying drinks and dinner with my parents at Fine Creek Brewing, finally getting to eat Mom's biscochito cookies, and several of us visiting the art museum with Grandpa to see the Terracotta Army exhibit.

Concentrating.
Concentrating some more.
A terracotta warrior!

No comments: