Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hair Cut

Yesterday I got a hair cut. I don't really want to talk about it yet because the jury is still out on whether it's cute or not. Part of me feels like I have crazy lesbian rock star hair, and I don't really like any of those words to describe the way I look.

The hair cutting experience, however, was amazing. I went to Mango in the West End. I knew of it because I used to have to take pastries there every morning when I worked for the coffee shop, which is now closed and totally empty and depressing. Anyway, I had never been to a place like this.

First, they give you a black robe and you can go take off your shirt in a changing room, and they have lockers to put your things. I put the robe on, but didn't remove my shirt. That would have been weird. Then you're supposed to get coffee, but I think they were out, so that was a little disappointing.

Next the shampoo girl becomes your best friend ever by giving you a head massage. It's always nice to have someone else shampoo your hair because you can imagine they're giving you a head massage, but this girl really was. It was great. And she didn't ruin the whole moment by making you come up with small talk. It was silent and beautiful. After the massage she put a hot towel over my head and let me sit and relax, then she came back and did more massaging as the towel was slowly removed. She even used the towel to get the water out of my ears. How thoughtful.

From there my "designer" came and we got to the cutting part. At one point my earring came out and flew to the floor, so we stopped to look for it, and then I had three fancy salon ladies in black pants and heels on the floor searching for the stupid tiny earring I've worn for three years straight. I felt embarrassed about all the fuss, but finally one of them actually found it.

When it was time to leave I got a $10 discount because my stylist had been running late, so that was nice. And even though this place sounds super expensive it really wasn't, compared to everyone else (above the Hair Cuttery of course). They even gave me a gift bag with little bottles of fancy shampoo and conditioner.

And to top it all off my boyfriend came to meet me and tell me I look cute, even if we're not really sure it's true yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun experience getting your hair cut. Even if it doesn't look "cute", hair always grows out!

Val said...

I WANT TO SEE IT!

andi said...

I mean, sometimes I think I might look semi hip, but most of the time I think I look like a mop head.