Monday, May 22, 2006

Weekend

I did interesting things this weekend. At least, interesting for me.

For example, Friday night I found myself being the only girl at an apartment with a bunch of tattooed dudes. This usually doesn't happen to me. We walked to a crazy college bar and played a round of bowling on an arcade game. And on the way there we passed a guy playing the banjo.

Then on Saturday I found myself at a blogging get-together. Sure I have a blog, but not like those guys. This get-together was at an old firehouse, and involved me buying a t-shirt.

Next I drank my very first (small and watered down) mint julep. I also watched my very first horse race. Who knew they only last two minutes long?!

Following the short horse race I found myself eating dinner and drinking beer at an Exxon. That's right. Hanging out at the gas station.

From the Exxon we walked to the Innsbrook Pavilion and saw the Strokes perform. I had heard of them, but never actually heard them. So that was fun.

Then came Sunday afternoon, where I found myself eating Shiwarma and stuffed grape leaves at the Lebanese Food Festival. Saw some Lebanese dancing, too.

I mean, who doesn't want to move to Richmond after reading about the awesome things one can find herself doing here?

No comments: