Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I turned 25!

This past weekend was my birthday weekend. It was pretty great.

As you may recall from last year, Tess and I share the exact same birthday. So this year, in honor of turning 25, we threw a birthday party! It was a fancy birthday party, which basically means we made everyone dress up. And they did!

















While everyone sang us "Happy Birthday" we held mini cupcakes with improvised candles (also called matches).














There was eating and chatting and drinking and dancing and an overall good birthday celebratin' time.

That was Saturday night. Sunday, my actual birthday, the fun only continued. Josh and I went to Historic Yates Mill, which includes a nature preserve so we walked around a marsh and mill pond and checked out nature. We couldn't go in the actual mill, but we still walked around it. This was a fun combination of history and being outside on a beautiful day.















While driving away from Yates Mill we just happened to pass a Putt-Putt place, so we obviously stopped. I beat Josh pretty badly, because I have some mini-golf skillz. We also played some sweet arcade games, including one I'd never seen before that is like whack-a-mole only you stomp on spiders with your feet and here the squish sound. A game with stomping on spiders is right up my alley.


















And we finished off the day with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (thanks Uncle Richard!), where I had birthday cheesecake for dessert!

3 comments:

ALF said...

Happy Birthday! (belated, sorry!)

Also, that stomping spider game sounds like fun.

Leslie said...

wow, you look REALLY awesome in that green dress! looks like you guys had an awesome time! :D

I'm Jennifer said...

happy birthday! ditto min'ko, you're so cute in your dress. fancy schmancy! thinking about being in richmond anywhere between april 30th and may 14th? oh i so hope so!