Monday, April 16, 2007

Birthday Weekend o' Fun

Birthday: Grandparents woke me up with a 7:30 phone call, but I went back to sleep. Post office woke me up with a phone call next, at 8, but I again went back to sleep. Parents woke me around 9:30 with another call, but I went back to sleep again. Finally woke up around 10:15 and did some homework. Drove to Fosters Market in Chapel Hill to do homework with a delicious chai and scone, and Allison joined me. Drove back home while talking to my other grandparents, then got showered and ready for birthday fun. Tess (the other birthday girl) and Elizabeth came over, and we went to Humble Pie for a tapas dinner, which was delicious and fun. Next we went to the area on Glenwood with tons of fun bars, where another friend and her boyfriend joined us, and hopped around.

(This is Tess and me. However, you will notice by the absence of a birthday aura that this picture was taken on Saturday night, instead of the actual day of our 24th birthdays. That's because I couldn't figure my camera out in time on Friday.)

Saturday: Slept in, and read a tiny bit in bed. Went to the Nippon Club picnic with Allison and Sam, where we ate noodles, watched guys in funny shoes drumming, and saw guys who looked like this get hit on the head:

Went to a coffee shop to eat soup and read. Stopped by Target to look at clothes, but ended up with two new CDs instead. Picked Tess up and drove to her boyfriend's bar in Chapel Hill, where we saw The Back Beat, a Beatles cover band (complete with older guys with shaggy hair).

Sunday: Up (relatively) early to meet Douglas (one of my friends from the Williamsburg trip) and his wife Meg for coffee and church. After attending this church since August, this was the first time I actually sat with people I knew. It was exciting. Afterwards we (plus another guy) went out for lunch. Got home but had to take a nap. Started organizing my research and writing my big paper, which looked like this:

You can see the black container, which holds tons more notecards. No fear losing all my work with a crashing computer!

Took a break to watch America's Next Top Model, eat, and talk to dad about tax stuff. Back to paper-writing until after 1am.

No comments: