Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Change Train is coming through again...

I'm currently moping around my apartment attempting to organize things in preparation to move out. It's not very fun. I like my apartment. I don't want to take it apart. Right now I'm filling a large box with papers to take to the recycling center. I don't want to lug all these articles and things around that I read for classes, but I also worry I will wish I had them someday when I'm maybe back in school or remembering something pertinent to a project. You should have seen how nervous I was taking all my billions of colored tabs out of the thirty library books I returned after I finished my thesis. What if I work on this again? What if I've just lost a lot of information by tearing out the tabs? Honestly I probably won't look at any of this stuff again. But I like to be prepared.

So I'm going to get back to fretting over whether or not I should throw out the spiral notebook with notes I took from the classes I TA'd. Then maybe I'll move on to finally getting rid of a bunch of clothes I've moved around since college but never wear.

P.S. This cartoon accurately depicts every discussion I ever led in Harrelson Hall.

2 comments:

ALF said...

How did you like being a TA? I was offered a position as a TA for next fall and I'm both excited and nervous.

andi said...

I was super nervous when I first started, but it wasn't bad. All I really did was lead a handful of discussions each semester and help grade. If you want to be a professor some day you'll probably like it, but don't take it too personally if students don't talk or care about the class. At least that's what I learned TAing lower-level undergrad classes.