Saturday, May 10, 2008

Master Me

It's over. Yesterday I successfully defended my thesis. I enjoyed getting to sit there with three professors and talk about my work and where it could go, and it was rewarding to have them sign my title page and shake my hand. But as soon as I left and was walking across campus to my car the depression set it. I might have to get a PhD some day. Or at least make sure whatever archives/library job I eventually get actually lets me do history. I loved graduate school. Library school just won't be the same. Sigh.

On a brighter note, today was graduation and I had a great day. My cousin Leslie and her boyfriend Alex came down from Richmond to celebrate with me. We had a nice lunch, then headed to the history department's graduation ceremony. I might have pictures later. I almost cried with the undergraduate's speech, not because it was really great but, again, because I already miss history school. I am such a nerd.

After the ceremony and pictures we went for a drive- Alex wanted to see the Research Triangle and then we walked around UNC while drinking bubble tea. Eventually we drove back to Raleigh and gorged ourselves on delicious sushi. Now we're recovering and we might go out later tonight with some friends of mine.

So that's that. I'm a master now. Time flies.

4 comments:

ALF said...

I guess I should have read all the entries before accusing you of not informing me of things. Ha ha! Go for the PhD - I'll be starting mine in August...we can be blog PhD friends!

Congratulations, once again!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We shall call you Master Andi now!

Anonymous said...

Many congrats on your master's degree. But don't rush into the PHD thing. You need some experience in the real world first!

Cynthia

I'm Jennifer said...

congrats! i'm so proud of you!