Thursday, November 13, 2008

almost like I was there

Today is my Granddad's 86th birthday. That's a lot of birthdays. But he's doing great! And so is my Grandmother. I just spoke with them on the phone a few minutes ago (obviously on the phone, because they're in New Mexico and I'm not) and they were sitting outside at the Bosque Del Apache National Wildlife Refuge in southwestern New Mexico watching thousands and thousands of birds fly around in the sunset. In case you haven't seen one, New Mexico has some of the best sunsets ever. As we talked about work or family or the exact route they drove to get there they would occasionally stop and gasp and tell me about the V formations of birds in front of the full moon or the "one two three four five six seven eight- Eight Cranes!" that just flew right in front of them. At one point Grandmother even held the phone away so I could hear all the squawking geese. It was an exciting moment for them, and I'm glad I got to listen in.

No comments: