Sunday, September 13, 2009

this weekend I did more stuff!

Saturday I drove to Richmond (not surprising is it?) because my parents are still in town. After a delicious lunch, Josh and Dad and I went downtown and wandered around the state Capitol, and then we went to the Nascar race! This was my fourth race. I decided to root for Denny Hamlin because he's from the Richmond area and I cheered for him the last time I went to the Richmond race. And he won! Unfortunately, my dad's driver (Matt Kenseth) didn't do so hot. Josh didn't have a driver because he doesn't follow racing and this was his first time at Nascar. I thought we were all doomed when it rained before the race, but luckily that went away and everything else went smoothly.

Today my mom made green chili chicken enchiladas for lunch, and they were so good. Then she and I went to the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden to look at flowers and butterflies. Butterflies are pretty and all, but let's be honest. They're still bugs.

After that the whole family (minus Grandpa, who is still in rehab) went to my cousin Leslie's new apartment for tea. Then we just hung out at the grandparents' house more. My parents go back home tomorrow, so it was fun to see them for so long and their visit was a good excuse to do lots of touristy stuff. Not that I need excuses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time visiting your parents. Send me your new address.

Cynthia