Saturday, November 21, 2009

field trip number two

Today was the second field trip (and final meeting) for my class on historic Virginia buildings. We spent the whole day in Staunton, which was my first visit there (except for the frontier culture museum on the edge of town). Here are some pictures:

We didn't visit this or talk about it, but I liked how it looked.


This staircase is in an old insane asylum.


See the giant crack??? I won't lie, I was a little nervous walking around inside there up there.


This organ is in the upstairs room with the cracked window. Obviously it needs some work.


This old painting was preserved in the bedroom of a house where Jefferson stayed.


A Tiffany window at Trinity Episcopal Church.


Church made out of green stone.


Old house made into a B&B.


Stairwell in the B&B.


Indoor detail in the B&B.


Colorful!


Owl on a house. I heard the eyes light up at night?!


Court House.

No comments: