Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in Review

Here is a list (that is hopefully in order) of stuff that happened in 2009:


I fretted a lot over not having a job anymore and the daunting task of finding a new one.

I found a new one. And they accepted me! And it was actually my realistic "dream job"!

I went to Las Vegas for the first time and partied it up with my family.

Then I started my new job and commuted from Richmond to Charlottesville for five months.

Josh got a job in Charlottesville, too, and moved there before me.

But then his mom died, which is super sad. I was with him in Delaware for the funeral.

In June I visited Alaska for Allison and Sam's wedding. And saw moose and musk oxen.

I also visited Wisconsin for a workshop-type-thing.

I went back to Raleigh to see friends from grad school.

I finally stopped commuting and actually moved to Charlottesville in August.

Grandpa had a stroke, and my mom came to see him.

Then she came again right after that, with my dad. We did touristy stuff.

In October I went to Illinois for a conference.

And my trip got longer because I had to fly to New Mexico to see my dad, who didn't quite have a heart attack. After that he quit his job and I came back to Charlottesville.

I spent the holidays in Richmond, and my parents came again for Christmas.


It was a pretty full year I would say, with ups and downs.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: