Friday, October 01, 2010

this and that

I apologize for not blogging lately. Nothing too exciting is going on around here.

School is going well. I'm not overwhelmed (yet?) and I enjoy having reading to do again. Of course that means I always have reading to do... The drive up to Fairfax isn't too bad. It's not fun to do it two nights in a row, but that only happens every other week.

Last weekend Josh and I joined his grandparents in Lexington to see the Carolina Chocolate Drops perform. It rained so they had to switch venues at the last minute and the sound wasn't very good in the new place, but it was still a fun time.

In case you were wondering, I'm not running another half marathon any time soon. I know I talked a lot, but training takes so much time! I still run a few times a week for exercise, but only about 3-4 miles. Someday I want to do another half marathon, but not right now.

My parents sent me a fun fall package with lots of goodies to eat, including caramel corn, cookie and scone mixes, Girl Scout cookies, gummy bears, and gummies that are made to look like boogers (hehe). They also bought out the sale bin of glass tiles at a craft store, so I have plenty of tiles to work with for another mosaic.

A few months ago Josh and I read To Kill a Mockingbird together while on long drives. Now we're reading Of Mice and Men. It's like a book on tape only no tape! Sometimes we even do the voices.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That's awesome...when Doug and I were dating and drove to FL to see his parents, we read The Hobbit and then got into the Tolkien trilogy and read those aloud to each other too...Great fun!