Saturday, January 01, 2011

Holiday Recap

Christmas happened. It was pretty good. We had family and friends over to our house in Santa Fe.

Monday my family went bowling. I won one of our three games, and scored over 100 twice!

Tuesday I went with Dad to Albuquerque to shop for a new suitcase. After that we saw The King's Speech. It is very very good. You should all go see it.

Thursday we all had lunch downtown with my grandparents, then visited a special exhibit at the history museum that included lots of old maps and letters from Spain about early New Mexico and other Spanish-owned territories.

The first several days I was here were not very cold. But then temps dropped a whole bunch and it snowed and it's been well below freezing the last few days.

Friday, New Year's Eve, my family rode the New Mexico Rail Runner to Albuqerque. That is the (relatively new) commuter train that runs between Santa Fe and Belen. The best part? The doors "beep beep" at you when they are going to close, just like the road runner on Looney Tunes!




After the train ride we saw True Grit. Also a great movie you should go see. (And it was filmed in New Mexico.)

That night I went out with Ryan and his friend to hear the friend's brother's band at Second Street Brewery. That was pretty fun, but we didn't stay out late (well, I didn't stay out late, Ryan went out again after dropping me off) and I enjoyed a glass of Champagne with my parents at midnight.

Tomorrow we're going out for a nice lunch at Ryan's old hotel, and Monday I head back to Virginia.

It's been a good trip.

No comments: