Monday, January 31, 2011

Virus Buster

Over Christmas Josh let me borrow his Nintendo DS to play during my long layovers on the way to and from New Mexico. The game Brain Age 2 happens to have another game within in, meant for "relaxing" and not for trying to exercise your prefrontal cortex. The game is called Virus Buster, and is sort of like Tetris because pieces fall from the top and you have to line up four of the same color to get them to disappear (and some of the pieces already planted that you want to disappear are mean-faced viruses, hence the name).

I am addicted to this game, and could easily pass a four hour layover playing. The problem with the whole thing is that I also spent many hours (and many in the wee hours) playing while I was at home for the holidays, and I continue to play too much now that I'm back. In fact, yesterday Josh was going to come pick me up at a predetermined time and I planned to go for a run and get ready in the two hours leading up to his arrival. Only I wasted one of those hours playing the stupid game, and then had to run 4.5 miles, shower, and get ready all in one single hour. One hour! I believe that was the shortest shower I've ever taken in my life.

The whole thing was pretty out of hand if you ask me, and that's why I thrust the game at Josh as soon as he arrived to pick me up yesterday, and told him he needed to take it back. Apparently when it comes to Virus Buster, I just can't control myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's time for another update, you're fans are waiting....