Saturday, March 03, 2012

Alas.

In case you were wondering, I'm still not running. I tried again on a Thursday (the 23rd) but that was a bad idea. So I finally decided I would really wait and let it heal before trying again. In the meantime, I've been riding the bike at the gym a lot, and doing some other weight training. I think I will be okay to start back slowly after next weekend.

I also finally came to terms with the fact that I won't be able to run the mountainous marathon in April that I was so excited about. I still want to run a marathon, but when I start training for one again I now know to take it slower. I haven't been to a doctor or anything, but I probably got a stress fracture or something from doing too much too soon. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're still having problems with your foot/ankle. Be careful. Your health is more important than running in any race. Make sure you get healed properly or you risk long-term problems. Maybe it's time to see a doctor (make sure there are no broken bones) - ?
Cynthia