Monday, February 27, 2012

busy good Saturday

Saturday I got up early (for a Saturday) and read a little, then drove to Richmond. I hung out with Sunni, then we went with the grandparents and one aunt to visit my other aunt in the hospital (recovering from surgery). From there we went to lunch, but it took a while because the internet lied to me about the location of the Turkish restaurant and there was lots of yelling about where Chester is and how we weren't in Chester and in the end we just stopped at an all-American joint. Which turned out to be just fine, because Grandma really liked her meal and that's what counts. After lunch we went back to the house and I did some more reading.

Then I left and drove back to Charlottesville, but only to pick up Josh. Then we drove to Harrisonburg. That's where a co-worker had us over for dinner, and it was lots of fun. We ate chorizo cooked on the Portuguese pig, delicious goulash, and homemade "choux" pastries. We also had coffee, brewed in a "coffee balloon." It was like a science experiment, and the perfect way to end the meal. Plus the coffee was necessary to help get us back to Charlottesville.

No comments: