Monday, May 14, 2012

first weekend of the "summer"

Whoah, a second post in one day! That's because I'm finally done with my semester and have time again.

Now let me tell you about my weekend (the more recent one). Saturday I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity for most of the day, helping to build two front porches. After that I took a shower and a long nap.

Then I got up, ate some dinner, and headed to a local high school for a two mile race around the track. A co-worker ran it with me. It was a fund raiser run/walk, but there were mostly walkers. I ran it because I'm thinking about joining a half-marathon training program and you have to run a two-mile time trial. Usually you do it at 5:30am on a work day, which doesn't really jive with me, so I picked this 8pm on a Saturday race instead. I don't know my exact time yet, but it was under 16 minutes. That's not very fast in the wider world of running, but it's fast for me and it got me third woman overall! (Plus first in my age group. Like I said, there weren't a lot of runners.)

After the race I went straight downtown (sweaty clothes and all) and went to the Infamous Stringdusters concert. I had wanted to see this blue grass group on New Year's Eve but the show sold out. It was fun.

Sunday after church I drove to Richmond for Mother's Day. My aunt made a great meal and everyone was there, including Grandma. She had a good time, and stayed to take a nap with Grandpa, which was very cute. After she left, I drove back to Charlottesville. Josh had been gone all weekend so I finally got to see him Sunday evening and we enjoyed some homework-free (and guilt for not doing homework-free) hangout time.

An excellent first weekend of the summer!

No comments: