Wednesday, July 25, 2012

mom time

Last weekend my mom came to see me. It was really nice to have her all to myself for a few days in Charlottesville.

Thursday she arrived around 6 and we went out to dinner and sat outside drinking cold beer. Then we watched The Descendants at my place.

Friday we slept in (which I rarely do anymore, and it was oh so nice) and then headed over to UVA. I did some work at the library and in special collections while she read. Then we met up for lunch, and then I went back to work for a while more. After that we drove to Richmond for dinner at my grandparents' house, where my aunt made paella and sangria and we ended the night with a sing-a-long at the piano.

Saturday I woke up at 4:30 to get ready to go on a group run, but it was pouring rain and I hadn't gotten enough sleep, so I went back to bed and slept until 8. Then I ran nine miles on my own, when it wasn't raining anymore. After that mom and I headed to Fishersville for the Daylilly and Wine Festival. We looked at flowers, ate lunch, tasted wine, listened to music, and had a good time. It was overcast the whole time but thankfully didn't rain, and also wasn't too hot!

Mom bought me this lovely hat at the wine festival.
Sunday I got to take mom to the church I've been attending for over a year, and then we had brunch downtown. After that we did some shopping and wore ourselves out. We ended the day with snacks and wine at my place and a viewing of Despicable Me. Oh, and she sewed a button back onto my sweater for me. (Thanks Mom!)

She left super early Monday morning. So early that I had time to drop her off at the airport and then come home and make a pie (key lime in a homemade graham cracker crust) for our "Summer Pie Day" at work.

No comments: