Monday, July 02, 2012

weekend

Last Friday I didn't have to work because I'd attended a conference all weekend at the beginning of the pay period. So I went to Richmond and got there in time for lunch with the family. Then I took a nap. After the nap I went shopping with Sunni and her friend for sandals, because I don't have any other than flip flops, but I didn't find any I liked enough to buy. Then it was back to the house to eat a bit and get ready to head downtown.

Downtown is where my Aunt Judy and I went to see Idina Menzel sing (she was in Rent and Wicked and Glee). Then we went out for a snack after the show, and shortly after that was when the storm-out-of-nowhere hit and we thought we'd be taken up in a tornado. Seriously. You should have seen us standing in the median of Broad looking like idiots with debris flying all around, almost swept off our feet. Luckily when we got across the street a security officer let us in some empty office building so we wouldn't blow away. When the wind died down a tiny bit we headed back out to get Sunni and her friend, who were at a show across the street from ours. Then the rain came and we couldn't find which parking garage we were parked in, so that was fun. We finally made it back home around midnight. Luckily after last year's hurricane storm that left all of us camped out in my Charlottesville apartment, they got a generator for the house. So we were the only home around with air conditioning and lights, which was good for the grandparents. We had Grandma with us at the house, because the generators at the assisted living facility weren't running air conditioning. And it was a hot weekend y'all.

Saturday morning I went for a run. I ran eight miles and it was very hot. But I just bought a hydration belt so I had some fluids with me. On the run I came across this giant tree in the road on Old Gun. Cars turned around and I saw a bike go around through someone's yard, but I just went under it.


After the run we had brunch at the house, and then I went with the girls to the pool. It was really hot, but I just stayed in the shade. The whole time. I sat in the shade and read, then I sat in a short chair in the water that was also in shade. That way I didn't have to bother with sunscreen. Or skin cancer. After swimming, Sunni and I dropped her friend off at home and then gorged ourselves on Sweet Frog. Then we headed home and I watched a movie with Aunt Judy and Grandpa.

Sunday I got up early and headed back to Charlottesville so I could clean my bathroom before church. I wanted a clean bathroom because I had people over yesterday, which is exciting since I've never really had anyone over who wasn't a relative.  A few work friends came over and we ate red white and blue foods and watched 1776 the musical. It was fun.


We didn't have time to eat dessert though, because after eating and chatting and watching a really long movie, it was late. So we had our dessert today at work. More red white and blue!

No comments: