Thursday, October 04, 2012

new ride

 Guess who has a new set of wheels?! This girl. After 12 years and very nearly almost 160,000 miles, I finally traded in the one and only car I've ever owned (had it since my senior year of high school) and got an upgrade.

I went from this Toyota Corolla (a very good car, by the way):


To this new Toyota Prius!  

My car changed, but apparently my outfit didn't. That's a different shirt though, I'll have you know.
The car-buying experience was pretty great, thanks to my Aunt Judy. I just said "hey Aunt Judy, I think I'd like a gray 2012 Prius," and she did all the work after that. The lady likes car shopping, and is good at it, too. Once she'd found my car and at a good price, all I had to do was show up and write the check. (And sign a bunch of papers, during which she also acted as my helpful advisor.) So now I'm all set. And since the Prius purchase wouldn't have been possible without some help from my parents and grandparents, a big Thank You goes out to them. Otherwise I'd probably just have a newer Corolla.

No comments: