Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Boss

Yesterday at work I got an email saying there were two free VIP tickets available for a Bruce Springsteen show taking place only one hour from then, and the first person to respond would win. I immediately hit the reply button and sent "Me!" Ten minutes later I learned I was the winner, so I said "adios" to the bosses and ran out the door to pick up the tickets, pick up Josh, and get downtown in time for the show. We made it.

If it weren't for the "VIP" tickets, he'd be a whole lot smaller in this photo.

Bruce is just to the right of that blonde kid.
It was pretty exciting to see him and he did a solo acoustic set, which was nice because I like that sound of his the best. Unfortunately he only played six songs, but that's because it was a short free Obama rally concert. (He played a regular concert later that night, but I didn't win tickets to that and the tickets were pretty expensive.)

Here he is performing a funny "campaign song" at the event:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BRUUUUUUUUUCE! BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!