Monday, January 14, 2013

it's official

Today I saw a notice that there are only 177 registration spots left in the marathon I want to run. "Better register soon," it said. So I panicked just a little, because I wasn't planning to actually register and cough up the $90 until I had logged a few more long runs and felt more confident about my chances of not getting injured again. But wouldn't it be the worst thing ever if I felt good about running 26.2 miles up and down mountains, only to find out they had filled up? Yes, yes it would.

So I did it. I registered for my first marathon. And it's not just any marathon. If all goes well, (and I really hope it does,) on April 20 I will run the Blue Ridge Marathon, aka "America's Toughest Road Marathon."



I even went ahead and made the hotel reservation. So look out, now there are only 176 (or so) spots left. I'm so excited.

No comments: