Thursday, February 14, 2013

fingers crossed

A year ago today was when I injured my foot and couldn't run anymore. That was no fun. At all.

I was training for the same marathon I'm training for this time around, but this time around things are going better. For one, I started this training cycle with a stronger base, since I just trained for my November half marathon. For two, my training schedule is set by a real coach and not by something I found on the internet, and it doesn't make me increase miles every weekend. Sometimes I get a "rest week" which still involves running, just not as much or as hard. And for three, I'm pool running at least once a week, which supposedly gives me the same workout but is easier on joints and is supposed to help prevent injury.

So cross your fingers that things will continue to go well and I won't get injured again before April 20!

No comments: