Monday, May 20, 2013

a first time for everything

I've been in school for a long time. Many, many years, covering multiple graduations. (And another to come, hopefully.) But in all those years of school, there is one thing I have never experienced.

Summer school.

Until now, that is. For the first time ever, I am enrolled in a class over the summer. And that means that last Monday after I submitted my final project for the spring semester, I started reading a book after work for the summer session. Luckily last semester was pretty easy, and I counted it as my "break," though I was still driving up to Fairfax every Monday for class. Now I only have to drive up every other week for class, but I also have to read three or four books for each one.

First up, almost 900 pages of Howe, plus two more books.
This reading is happening at the same time that I am working full time, running a lot, trying to maintain a social life, and spending time with family an hour away. I'm going to need to work a little more on my time management skills, but I think I can handle it.

Work hard. Play hard.


1 comment:

AJ said...

I took summer school half of once. Work hard play hard is a good motto. Rest hard doesn't sound right, but it's just as important. So says the overweight (but well-rested) aunt... This may not apply to exceptionally smart marathon runners, however.

A.J.