Saturday, June 01, 2013

best weekday ever. or at least in a long while.

Thursday was such a fun day. So. Fun.

I woke up at 5:45am and met up with two friends at 6 at a park by the river. C and I ran 3.5 miles together on a trail (with me slightly dying because she's so much faster than I am but I didn't want to slow her down), then we walked with A and her dog along another trail to the river, where we went for a swim! This was my first foray into the Rivanna River. I felt so adventurous, considering I'd just run on trails and was now fully immersed in a river all before 7am on a workday!


After our brief swim I hurried home to shower and get ready, then rushed to work and arrived at 8:l5. And that's when I and eight of my coworkers all climbed into two cars and headed for Lynchburg for field trip day! We visited two historic houses there. First was Sandusky, which is currently under renovation and had some neat archaeology going on. Second was Point of Honor, which is a really neat historic house museum. And between the two we enjoyed lunch at the Depot Grille. On the ride home I was so happy with our field trip and time together that I got a little sappy (unusual for me) and said "I'm glad I work with you guys. This has been really fun."

We didn't get back to work until 5:45, and that's when I rushed to the orientation meeting for the marathon training program I'm going to do this summer. My friend S was also at the meeting, and afterwards we went back to her place and she made dinner for us and the two girls I'd been with earlier that morning. So we had fun girl time over a great dinner, and ended the night with a little walk around downtown together.

I'm so grateful for the friends I've made recently in Charlottesville, and for my fun coworkers!

No comments: