Friday, July 05, 2013

Happy Fourth!

My Fourth of July was probably the longest Fourth of my life, but it was a good one.

The day started with my 4am alarm so I could get to work by 5:15. Crazy talk, I know. (And staying out at a pre-Fourth party until after 11 the night before didn't help, but was fun and worth the sleep deprivation.) I spent the morning putting wristbands on the general public who attended a big ceremony. I've never put wristbands on people before, and it was a little bit stressful, but I managed.

I was back home at noon, where I read, took a long nap, and read some more. Then it was time for a Fourth of July picnic on Montalto!

I invited several friends and we all went up to watch the fireworks. The neat part is you're so high that you can see fireworks happening all around, from big shows in neighboring towns to the random ones set off throughout city neighborhoods. It was lots of fun.




I got them to wear patriotic tats with me!




No comments: