Sunday, January 08, 2012

NYE

I know this post is a week late, but I want to backtrack to New Year's Eve. Last Saturday I was in Richmond with my parents and grandparents, but after lunch and hanging out all afternoon (and I guess by "hanging out" I mean shopping with my dad for a new coat) I came back to Charlottesville.

Josh picked me up and we headed to the Downtown Mall, where we ate sushi for dinner. After enjoying a few fancy rolls we decided to order the two specials: a plum and avocado roll, and roasted garlic. As you might imagine, we thought the roasted garlic would come in a sushi roll. Turns out roasted garlic was really just cloves of roasted garlic on a plate. So we had that for dessert, then headed out to wander the busy pedestrian mall.

While walking Josh found a pistachio shell!



For a new view and to kill time, we rode up to the top of a parking garage and looked around some more. Parking garages are often good for views around here.





At 11 we went to the pavilion to listen to a local cover band, and then at 11:30 there was a laser show that ended with a laser ball counting down the last ten seconds of 2011. A little cheesy but free and fun. After that we had a garlicky kiss and headed home.

Happy 2012!

No comments: