Saturday, January 21, 2012

nice and icy

This morning Charlottesville was covered in ice. All the trees were white, and looked almost like blooming cherry blossoms. It was beautiful. It was also cold. Josh, his roommate, and myself headed out at 10am in about 34-degree weather for an eleven-mile run. I planned the run and made sure it had plenty of hills, which was good for training but not always fun. It drizzled for most of the run, but I never felt too cold. The guys were a little colder because they wear five-finger minimalist shoes and their toes were frozen for a while. The coldest part was after we stopped for a bathroom and water break at the bus station. I guess all the rain and sweat had a chance to thaw, which made things feel more brisk when we went back outside. By the end our legs were pretty achy and we were all glad to finally be done with the eleven miles, but I think we all agree it was a good time, too.

No comments: