Monday, January 06, 2014

2013

Overall, I'm really pleased with my 2013.

  • I spent the winter seeking out hills and running in the cold. It all paid off when I ran (and enjoyed) my first marathon.
  • I survived non-stop school from mid-January through mid-December. My PhD is still a long way off, but I'm definitely getting closer.
  • I had lots of fun times with friends, and continued to grow my social circle and find community in Charlottesville.
  • I went on weekend-vacations with Grandma and Grandpa to the beach and to Washington DC. I also spent a lot of weekends with family in Richmond.
  • I got a promotion at work, and got to move into a bigger office space.
  • I went to Boston for the first time, and enjoyed hanging out with my aunt and Sunni.
  • I didn't despair when I got a running injury while training for another marathon, and instead started swimming.
  •  I was able to spend Thanksgiving with my grandparents in New Mexico.
  • I took part in the most beautiful funeral service ever. (More to come on this one.)
Here's to a healthy and happy 2014 for all of us!

No comments: