Wednesday, September 10, 2014

October goals

I'm on a training schedule again! I run three days and I bike three days. The goals? Ride 100 miles the first weekend in October and run a half marathon two weeks later. Yikes.

Last weekend I rode about 50 miles. I was plenty ready for that ride to be done (it was hot, I didn't eat enough, and sitting in the saddle so long gets uncomfortable), and can't really imagine that being only half the ride. But hopefully these next few weekends of longer training rides will get me prepared. When my riding buddy brought up the idea of an October century I laughed and dismissed it immediately, but you know me. I like big goals.


On the running side, I'm attempting an abbreviated half marathon training plan so I can go to Baltimore and make use of the registration fee I paid last year for the marathon I missed due to injury. My dad is going to come too. To be honest, I'm really just training for this race as an excuse to have a little vacation with dad. It's gonna be fun. As long as I don't get hurt.

2 comments:

DAD said...

I also look forward to some time with My Daughter.

Anonymous said...

I rode 60 miles on Friday and had the exact same thought at the 50 mile mark. I can't imagine having to do DOUBLE that distance! I was EXHAUSTED.
I'm sure we can do it though :)
And riding that long is definitely easier with a buddy!