Sunday, February 26, 2006

In my mind...

...I'm going to Carolina?

I visited NCSU (what we will call "State") and UNC-Chapel Hill (or, "Carolina") this weekend. It made me more excited about grad school. I drove the three hours to Raleigh and met with the director of the Public History program at State, then two current students showed me around and talked for a long time, which was great. I liked the school and the area seems nice. I learned that I will basically go to State for two years to get my history degree, then spend the third year over at Chapel Hill for the library degree.

I spent Friday night with my friend Allison from college. She goes to Duke. It was fun to see her apartment and get excited for one of my own in the area soon. And she took me to this amazing market/restaurant/cafe/wine store called Foster's that I will want to visit again. I had French toast with apples and walnuts.

I also went and impulsively got a haircut in Chapel Hill Saturday morning. Locks of Love is going to get all of my hair, because it's short now.

Finally, I must begin to prepare myself to be a member of the Wolf Pack and get excited about sports. Things are pretty intense down there I think, and I should probably try not to miss out on all the fun.

No comments: