Monday, February 06, 2006

My Weekend

It was a pretty good weekend I would say. On Friday I learned that I got into a grad school, so I don't have to make cappuccinos for the rest of my life. Then on Friday night Justin took me to Zuppa's, where I got a delicious grilled cheese sandwich and some black bean soup. Sometimes I have trouble resisting black bean soup.
Saturday Justin and I went to DC with James and Jennifer to see Damn Yankees. It's a musical, and if you didn't already know, I really love musicals. My favorite part was at the begining when all the husbands were dancing around with colorful TVs.
After the show we headed to Chinatown to look for the restaurant my Grandpa recommended as having the best Chinese food he's had outside of China. And he's been to China. His instructions were something like "Find the big Chinese gate that goes over the street, go a block, turn on a side street, and look for the Chinese man making noodles." For some starving theater-goers who were unsure about the hazy directions, we were pretty darned excited when we really did see the affectionately named Noodle Man. We had some of his fresh noodles with seafood, which was amazing, though I'll admit I'm glad I didn't end up with one of the little whole squids on my plate. Those things scare me.
Sunday I watched the Extra Large Super Bowl. I was going for the Seahawks, out of my loyalty to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, but let's me honest, I don't really care about football and I therefore was not torn apart when they lost. I will, however, say that I hated the Full Throttle and Blockbuster commercials.

No comments: