Wednesday, September 06, 2006

So many turtles!

My apartment complex is right next to a lake with a walking trail, and every time I go around it it's like going on a nature walk. There are lots of geese and ducks, including these scary ducks that look like a cross between a turkey and a buzzard. There are also squirrels and other little birds. I can't see fish, but I know they are there because there are always people out fishing, including cute old men. And today I discovered there are turtles! I saw dozens of them swimming around or sitting on logs and rocks. One even swam right up under me (I was on a bridge) and acted like it wanted me to throw it food, except I don't think turtles beg like that do they? Maybe they are domesticated by all the walkers throwing bread to the ducks? Anyway, I was excited.

No comments: