Sunday, September 17, 2006

Team Annales Wins!

I joined the graduate history student intramural soccer team, Team Annales, and today we played our first game. We won by one point in overtime during a penalty kick showdown. I'd like to say I had a lot to do with scoring our 8 points, but I didn't. I mean, I kicked the ball a few times and played some defense, and a few times I got the "good job Andi!" I'll get better. I think I need to be more aggressive. And I need to know what the real soccer people mean when they're yelling at me to do something. I'm not down with the lingo yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you've joined the soccer team. It must be hard starting out in a new city by yourself. But you'll be fine. Just keep looking for ways to help other people and soon you'll have lots of new friends.

Cynthia