Tuesday, September 05, 2006

UPS connections

This is a small world. Most people here have never heard of the University of Puget Sound, and they say "Whoah, that must have been a big move for you coming from Washington state." But get this...

First, a guy in my historiography (the history of history) class just moved from Tacoma, where he taught for five years at a school there. He knows about UPS, and has been there, and liked it.

Second, this other guy in my archives class went to grad school (for a different degree) with one of the history professors at UPS. I didn't have him though- he taught the history of science/technology. Too bad I didn't have him, since I'm now a TA for that class.

And lastly, tonight as I was heading toward my car in the parking garage there was a car with both a UPS sticker on the back window (the same one that used to be on my back window!) and a UPS parking sticker (which I also had on my window).

These little things make me happy.

p.s. I thought my car was parked in front of the UPS car, but when my key didn't work I discovered I was at the wrong red corolla. I felt sheepish.

No comments: