Monday, September 04, 2006

Weekend Update

Thursday a hurricane was on its way, so I drove to Richmond after class and ran over many little frogs on the road.

In Richmond, my grandparents changed a few things in my room, but mostly it was the same. Except that I kept reaching for things, or looking for my clock, or wanting to throw clothes in the closet. It was kind of sad.

Uncle Richard was there, too, and we talked about NASA and astronauts, since I have to lead a discussion tomorrow about the Apollo mission and Man.Moon.Decade. Uncle Richard worked for NASA on simulators and helped train all the astronauts, which makes him pretty darn cool.

Saturday Grandpa fried a turkey. Some of us were worried it would be a disaster and we'd have to call 911, but it went just fine. We all sat around outside and watched it (or stared at the pot, rather), and it felt like sitting around a camp fire, especially since it was cool and I was wearing a sweatshirt.

Sunday I went to church, which was nice because I don't have one down here yet and I miss it. I also went to Franklin Street, this other church service at 4, and it was nice but made me a little jealous because I want it to be in Raleigh and not in Richmond. But I will find something here. I must be patient.

Today was Mexican Lunch Day. Usually Mexican Lunch Day is on Saturday, but we made an exception for the holiday.

Now I'm back in Raleigh, and it's raining.

No comments: