Wednesday, April 04, 2007

a random assortment of things I'd like to tell you

I think I'm getting sick. My dad thought maybe it was because of my "wild living," but it's probably just allergies. The entire city of Raleigh is yellow right now, covered in pollen.

I'm dealing with my first plagiarism case(s) as a TA. It's no fun. I had one student walk away from our private little talk close to tears. Ugh.

I just ate beans on toast for a late dinner. And orange juice.

Duke University is like a different world, totally different than NCSU. My archives class went there tonight to see old photographs in their special collections. First of all, I'm surprised I even found my way to the campus because the directions I had weren't working out. Secondly, they're too busy looking fancy and Gothic to put up signs and maps, so it took some extra wandering to find the library. Thirdly, everyone there is skinny and tanned and beautiful. Anyway, the collection was really great, and I tried to be excited, but my nose was sniffly and my body started to ache and I mostly just wanted to go home.

Luckily my drive to and from Duke was fun, thanks to the mix cd my new friend gave me.

Warm weather is making bugs pop up all over my apartment. A spider here, a fly there. I keep a flip flop handy to smash them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the cd. Here is the play list in case you were wondering who anyone was. Later- r.h.m.


1) The Weakerthans
2) Loretta Lynn (with Jack White)
3) Arcade Fire
4) Josh Ritter
5) The Cure
6) The Shins
7) Interpol
8) Joaquin Phoenix
9) The Mountain Goats
10) Of Montreal
11) Pavement
12) Sam Cooke
13) Arcade Fire
14) The White Stripes
15) Fugazi
16) Jawbreaker
17) Ben Harper
18) Coldplay
19) PJ Harvey
20) Arcade Fire
21) TV on the radio