Tuesday, November 27, 2007

a big bowl of deliciousness


Tonight I made my delicious butternut squash soup. I like it, so I'm going to share it with you in case you want to make it and like it, too. If you don't like it, don't tell me, because I will be sad.

Now, I'm no cook, but this is pretty easy. Take a butternut squash and cook it. I have done this in two ways: you can halve and seed the squash, then place it face down on a baking sheet and put it in the oven until it's scoopable; or you can peel, seed, and cut the squash up into little pieces and boil it (boil it in 1/2 cup of water and two cans of vegetable broth, or if you bake it in the oven add it to the water and broth after it's cooked).

I also like to add a cooked apple, some cooked onion, and garlic.
You're supposed to put the cooked squash in a food processor or blender to puree it, but I don't have those fancy contraptions so I use a slotted spoon and smash it all by hand.

Cook it all up. I added some chili pepper tonight too, with salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of butter.

That's pretty much it. I also like to cook rotini pasta and pour the soup over that. It's good.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm sensing an orange theme?