Wednesday, August 04, 2010

across the border and back

Yesterday Ryan and I loaded up a bunch of second-hand furniture he's collected into a Uhaul trailer and drove to Flagstaff, Arizona. That's where he will be going to school at the end of this month. Yes, Ryan is finally going to college for reals!

Part of the drive looked like this:



But other parts looked like this:



Arizona has a bad rep these days, but he's still moving there.



This morning we got everything up into his second-story apartment. Including the ginormous entertainment center, the TV that weighs a ton, and a really big dresser. He has more (and bigger) furniture than I do.



Last night we walked around downtown Flagstaff and had dinner at a nice brewery. Flagstaff is very mountainy and in the middle of a big pine forest, so I think Ryan will like it there. However, he did not like me forcing him to get out of the car and take this picture:



He wasn't a big fan of this one either. I was a Logger in college, and now he's a Lumberjack!



To get back at me for making him get out of the car for embarrassing pictures, he made us walk to the football field to see the Arizona Cardinals practice. We didn't stay though, we still had to drive back to Santa Fe.



It was a quick and labor-intensive trip, but I'm glad I got to see Flagstaff and his first apartment, and I think we had a good time.

No comments: